Saturday 6 June 2020

My Brother’s Best Friend

My Brother’s Best Friend


To tell you the truth, I didn’t think that anything would happen.

My first day home from college, and he comes into the house, he hugs me as if nothing has changed between us, and I feel my arms go around him. My hands are sweating. He’s all muscle, tanned, and his blue eyes make my heart skip a beat. How he looks at me — my brown eyes can’t let go of the contact.

“It’s been a while,” he whispers to me, holding me closer to him with that grin on his face. That boyish grin that I was sure I would never see again.

“It has. A few years.” I lick my lips and move away from him just as my brother comes into the dining room.

“Ready to go on that hike?” My brother Steven asks. Surely, he can see the look between me and Braydon. I mean, it’s right there in front of his face.

“Yea, yea.” Braydon runs a hand through his thin, blonde, frosted hair.

It’s then that I let myself go back to breathing.

How could it be that he’s the one who makes me weak in the knees? The one who makes my mind race?

On top of that, he’s my brother’s best friend…

Amazon.com

US UK / Canada / Australia 

No comments:

Post a Comment