Thursday 12 March 2020

Smartass


Smartass


Kristin
Cheer captain, student council president, homecoming queen—that was me. I was so good at holding myself together. Until ten years, two kids, and one ugly divorce later, and I fell apart.
Now I’m putting the pieces back together. I need to take care of myself and my kids. And find a way to give my cooled-off journalism career a hot boost.
An interview with research scientist Jonathan Wells? Ugh.
If only my boss would stop assigning me fluff pieces…

Jonathan
I was pictured next to the hottest girl in school as “Most Likely to Succeed,” but that’s the extent of the attention I got in high school.
Now I’m working my dream job exploring potential cancer vaccines. Getting paid well for it too.
And the women…well, I no longer struggle in that department.
I might’ve done anything for a chance with Kristin Max in high school. But that was years ago. She didn’t even know who I was back then.
She still has no idea.

Amazon.com 

UK / Canada / Australia 

No comments:

Post a Comment