Friday 9 October 2020

Fierce Paxton


 

Fierce Paxton

The Stiletto PI Series Book 1


My name is Paxton Lee, an educated forty-two-year-old widow. But don’t let my age fool you. I can give any twenty-five-year-old a run for her money. I have one weakness... stiletto heels.

The Red Reign PI Agency is my baby and I take pride in our successes. We’re batting a 1000, but here’s the rub. Lately, the most irritating Black Ops Commander, has been sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong. 

I was one of three women who completed Army Ranger Training and deployed with the 75th Ranger Regiment in Iraq. All modesty aside, I am one badass Ranger. You should see the fruit salad on my left breast. I spent 165 days under fire so, if you’re wondering, I can measure 'GUNS' with the best of them and yet, this delusional man insists I need his protection.

It’s time to set him straight.

My name is Jared Bates. I’m a divorced, forty-eight-year-old man in a thirty-year-old body that women salivate over. No boast. Well, maybe just a bit. If ya got it, flaunt it, is my credo, not that I pay much attention to that. Yeah, I’ve chased a lot of booty. Have had my fair share of it, too. Got lucky on many occasions. Then, there are the ones that have stayed just out of reach, like the boss of the Red Kitties agency. Now, she just triggers the devil inside me.

Anyway, I’m in charge of a covert Black Ops group called, The Cobras. We operate under our own flag and only take the jobs that fit our standards— legal and moral, even though the two aren’t synonymous. Trying to bring down one of the five Mafia families in the U.S. is next to impossible. You cut off the head of one capo di tutti capi and two new ones grow back. These families have histories that go back to the sixteenth century. The Sicilian Cosa Nostra, the Ndrangheta of Calabria and the Camorra of Naples. Ancient, all of them, with an almost inhuman ability to survive. 

So, now the Kitties of the Red Reign PI Agency are nosing in on our territory and interfering. Things are getting dangerous, especially since that sassy Mrs. Lee refuses to back down.

It’s time to set her straight.

Amazon.com 

US / UK / Canada / Australia 

No comments:

Post a Comment