Sunday 7 July 2019

Luci's Lullaby


Luci's Lullaby


You know that old saying… He’s the next big thing.
Yeah, that was me. I was a rising star, and I couldn’t have been happier.
Fame, money, women at every turn. I had it all, until the day my world came crashing in.
I never fathomed this would be my life.
But here I am, a single dad at twenty-eight and I have no clue what I’m doing.
I pray every day I’m giving her the best life, ‘cause it’s the only one I know.
The minute I had lost everything and had nothing left to give.
Charlee showed up.
She restored my faith and gave us so much more than I ever deserved.
So can you tell me why I’m sitting here alone?
Every single day that goes by without them, I lose more of myself.
It’s hard to imagine a world they’re not a part of.
So I pick up my old guitar and tell them both how I feel.
Turns out, lullabies aren’t just for children.

Amazon / Amazon.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment