Monday 13 April 2020

Stacked Against Us

Stacked Against Us


People say that time changes everything, that maybe true on most things, 

Except it isn’t changing one thing, my opinion on being single. 
I have my daughters, my family, I am good with life.

I’ve always been one to make a decision and stay with it. 
Never wavering, no gray areas, no second guessing myself. 

Until one day the ghost of my past sits on the porch staring back at me.

Now nothing is what it appears to be, 
Everything I’ve known up until now was a fallacy. 
This ghost has me questioning everything that I know. 
Running from the past isn’t something I can do. 
Having to join forces with an unusual source, 
I start to feel things I haven’t felt in a long time
But with a meddling ex in law, new business ventures
and the ghost of girlfriend past haunting us

The odds are not in our favor.

Can we make this work with all that is stacked against us?



No comments:

Post a Comment