Thursday 23 July 2020

The Bodyguard


The Bodyguard


Running the company was my dream. Everything I had to live up to, everything I wanted.
He walked in and told me he would be there always - first as my bodyguard, then more. My space was his, and part of me ached for it.
But I only believed him once I saw the blood when they came after me.


He walked with me, eyes like fire.
He held me down, he made me whimper.
I won't give in, I swear it
Even as I scream

He put a ring on my finger, to hide that I'm the last of my family.

He says he'll stay til the end
That he'll always be there
He smiles and I wonder how true it is.
Then he holds me
I look to him in his arms
Wonder if I might not be the last after all

One way or another
I'm with him until the end.

Amazon.com 

UK / Canada / Australia 

No comments:

Post a Comment