Tuesday 22 December 2020

Stranded Christmas

 

Stranded Christmas


River Allen 

I’m a modern day nomad, a drifter if you will. I've been on my own since I was eighteen, wandering from town to town with my trusty guitar and singing to get by. This type of life isn't for everyone, but it's all I've ever known. It's a pretty sweet gig. The downside is spending the holidays alone. 

Well, this Christmas, I refuse to let the season get me down. I’m headed for the Big Apple, where I’ll greet the New Year with the ball drop. However, destiny has other plans. When I break down in Sweetville, I end up stranded for Christmas. 

The residents of the quaint town welcome me with open arms, and I discover creating roots doesn't have to be scary. Especially when Max Clark comes to my rescue and makes it clear I'm not leaving. 

Max Clark 

What I want for Christmas is something I doubt even Santa can accomplish. My life is great, but it's missing the woman to make it complete.

I'm a small town guy with simple needs, but this sleeping alone night after night, is getting old. That's why I toss a quarter into the wishing well, asking for a little Christmas miracle. Of course, I feel like an idiot believing in such things, but it can't hurt.

Imagine my surprise when hours later, I get the call that changes everything. River Allen comes barging into my life, wanting my help to leave town. I'll give her help all right, by making her my wife.


Amazon.com 

US / UK / Canada / Australia 

No comments:

Post a Comment