Thursday 30 January 2020

A Game Of Love


A Game Of Love

“I’d like to show you the room you’ll be sleeping in,” he tells me, walking through the sitting room without a care in the world.


The floors are polished. There’s wicker furniture everywhere and there’s a bookshelf in the corner, neatly lined with magazines and books. I’m sure that they’re in alphabetical order.

I don’t see Mr. Andrews, though, and it shouldn’t take him this long to park a car.

I’m glad to see that we stop on the second floor. There are a lot of stairs, and even though I’m quite fit, I feel sweat beading on my forehead already.

“This will be your room,” he says, opening the door to an incredibly spacious room. The bed is framed by a blue canopy, with a matching bed spread and pillowcases. I also spot a walk-in closet and as I survey the entire room, I think to myself that I seriously don’t need all this space. There’s a vanity table by the bay windows that probably look out over the front yard. A flat screen television lines the wall. I didn’t think they made such long screens.

I also see that there’s one big, ensuite bathroom. Peering inside, I see that there’s a bathtub, a shower and a hot tub all situated comfortably in the large space.

“I get this room to myself?” I ask him, eyes wide.

“Not exactly. I have one side of the bed and you have the other.” He clears his throat.

I look at him with surprise, not sure what to say.

His cheeks are flushed, and I feel the same warmth spreading across my face.

“You mean we’re going to be sleeping in the same bed.” I want to make sure I have this right.

“We are husband and wife for thirty days. I think we can manage. Don’t you agree?” His steely blue eyes challenge me.

“Yes. I do.” I nod my head and we share a small laugh.

This is going to be better than I thought. 


No comments:

Post a Comment