Saturday 12 June 2021

The CEO'S Assistant


 

The CEO'S Assistant


Kerry
So there we were. Two people as different as fire and ice. There's me. A committed, head-down-no-nonsense kind of girl who just wants to make a success of her career.

Then, there's him: a self-obsessed, arrogant, entitled, class A jerk who hangs around the water cooler flirting with my female colleagues. And I see them flirting right back at him. 

Ugh! What they see in him is beyond me.

Well, beyond the hot blue eyes fringed by the thickest most luxurious jet black lashes, a classically handsome face, muscles that flex and bunch up when he rolls up his sleeves, and that flat, hard stomach (not that I’ve touched it or anything, but it looks hard in a t-shirt). Other than those God given privileges there's really nothing very interesting about him.
Okay, I’ll also admit he is very, very good at his job, which is quite annoying in itself considering how much time he spends by the water cooler.

I avoid him as much as possible and I get the feeling he’s doing that too. The closest I ever get to him is when he nods distantly at me whenever we find ourselves in the same space. Which, of course, is perfectly fine with me. After all, I don’t like him.

I’m just eternally grateful I don't have to work with him. Nothing could be worse.

Then out of nowhere my father, who happens to co-own the firm with him, drops a nightmare bombshell on us.

We have to work together on an important project!

He seems as horrified as me at the prospect, but he doesn’t walk away from the project. I want to refuse, but the project is too juicy to let him steal it away from me. I’ll walk over burning coals before I’ll allow him to stall my career and all my wonderful dreams. It'll be painful, but I’ll grin and bear it. Closing the deal is all that matters.

But now that we’ve started working together I got a funny feeling it’s not walking on burning coals I’ll have to worry about. There is a reason why my female colleagues are batting their eyelashes at him. Whenever he comes near, things start happening inside my body. Wicked things, uncontrollable wicked things… 

A full length steamy office standalone romance with guaranteed HEA.


Amazon.com 

US / UK / Canada / Australia 



No comments:

Post a Comment